KUWAIT: LEGAL ACTION ON THE JOANA DEMAFELIS CASE
1. The Philippine Embassy last week sent a diplomatic note to MInistry of Foreign Affairs in Kuwait, on the case of a deceased household worker who was found in a freezer in that country
A diplomatic protest was also made by the DFA in Manila last 9 February.
2. Embassy officials continue to meet police and forensics on the investigation and a case for homicide has been filed with the Prosecutors of Maidan Hawally in Kuwait
3. Kuwait authorities are searching for the couple in Lebanon to arrest them with the help of Interpol.
4. A new meeting with the highest officials of the Kuwait forensics department was held yesterday
5. Also being investigated are the Philippine recruitment agency Our Lady of Mt Carmel Global E-Human Resources Inc ; the foreign recruitment agency in Kuwait is Fadilah Farz Kaued Al Khodor Recruitment Agency, for the filing of criminal charges in Manila and in Kuwait